If your life is a bumpy road we invite you to the first Bumpy Road course. For everyone affected by mental health issues. Four weeks to explore the place where faith, spirituality and mental health meet.
Tuesday 30 April 201912:00 pm - 1:30 pmCould Christian spirituality could help your wellbeing?
Tuesday 07 May 201912:00 pm - 1:30 pmCould Christian spirituality could help your wellbeing?
Tuesday 14 May 201912:00 pm - 1:30 pmCould Christian spirituality could help your wellbeing?
Tuesday 21 May 201912:00 pm - 1:30 pmCould Christian spirituality could help your wellbeing?
Life is a bumpy road for everybody. One moment up, then down, then up again. On balance it should averages out. Unfortunately our country has a problem: too many peoples’ mental health has big bumps or is getting worse steadily. Something is going wrong. Lets talk about it.
Bumpy Road is a foru session course designed to help us all think about, or think again about, the place where mental health, spirituality and Christian faith meet. We guess you will be interested in spirituality and faith if you are coming on the course, but we won’t assume any other knowledge.
Almost everyone leading the course has had their life touched by mental health issues in profound ways - but most of us aren’t professionally involved in mental health. We promise
- to be there for anyone who wants to think about these ideas more
- to be supportive and hopeful throughout
- to advocate for you if you want to pay more attention to faith or spirituality in your mental health treatment
- not to put pressure on you to make decisions about changing the way you think during the course
- To consider running a follow on group for folk who want to take their thinking about faith and mental health further