We’re pleased to announce the launch of a major revision to the website of the Church of England in Ampfield, Chilworth and North Baddesley. Since we first launched a consolidated site across this group we have been learning how best to use the site as a digital assistant for our mission and evangelism.
Based on the feedback from users and the data gathered during this period of growth and experimentation we have made some significant changes:
- Our Live Events section is now much more visible with better ways for visitors to contact the team. Our approach is aligned to that the national church has chosen based on user research.
- Reflecting the swing towards users visiting on tablets and phones we have moved towards a mobile first optimised site.
- We’ve cleaned the design up a lot, and increased the contrast. The navigation has been rebuilt so that almost everything is available within two clicks.
- We’ve begun to make it easy to bring Bible text and prayer texts into the site in highly visible ways.
- Other changes will be rolling out in the weeks and months ahead.
Because we know that some of our lovely users are big users of bookmarks we’ve tried hard to preserve urls. In particular the 200 most used addresses have been redirected to a page we hope will meet your needs.