Access to church buildings for private prayer or simply for a place to think and wonder is currently by arrangement only due to the Coronavirus epidemic. You can book tickets from the events page. In normal times three of the four churches in our care usually open daily during the week, and we hope to revert to this when possible.
We are very happy to provide more information about any of these places of worship. Despite great challenges we are determined to improve all aspects of access to these places.
St Mark, Ampfield
St Mark is home to a medium sized church community with a friendly vibe. Most liturgy used in worship comes Common Worship. Some services are markedly informal with a cafe element. Venue access details are available from the venues page.
John Keble, leading figure in the ‘Oxford Movement’ and the Anglo Catholic revival in the 1860’s, supervised the building of St Mark as a chapel of ease for Ampfield – and an example of what a ‘sacramentally meaningful’ church might look like in Victorian England. Learn more
St Denys, Chilworth
St Denys is home to a small but vital church community whose preference is for worship using the Book of Common Prayer from 1662.
The church stands on the site of a probably Saxon – Norman church which dates to C12. The present Parish Church was completed in 1820 and only faint traces of the previous construction remain. The village of Chilworth has grown South and east from the church, so that it retains the feel of a country church despite being next the modern village and the University of Southampton Science Park.
All Saints, North Baddesley
All Saints, North Baddesley hosts a medium sized church community and is in regular use for worship as an event space, and place for mission an action. This is a contemporary 1950’s church. The group administration office is also based here.
A community Automatic External defibrillator is mounted outside All Saints. The location code is AAW26.
St John the Baptist, North Baddesley
St John the Baptist, North Baddesley continues to host a living church community and is in regular use for worship and as a venue for gatherings of all our churches and other events. This is an ancient chapel, with a very human scale and past links to the Knights Hospitallers. It stands to the North of the present village of North Baddesley.